Trucks are a perfect investment because they provide you with daily transportation for everyday life, and when works needs to be done, you can roll up your sleeves and fill the bed with whatever you need to haul around. The only drawback to an open pickup bed is that your cargo is left exposed and unprotected from the elements. The obvious solution is a tonneau cover. But what happens if you need to move something too tall to fit under the cover? Pace Edwards is the leader in metal rolling tonneau covers that not only allow you to be able to cover up cargo in your bed, but roll it up into a compact container at the front of your bed when not needed. Unlike fabric tonneau covers, the Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit cover is lockable and extremely durable.
The owner of this 2011 F-150 wanted to be able to protect his son’s baseball equipment when traveling around the country without sacrificing cargo space or good looks. His wife had him busy remodeling the backyard, and trips to Home Depot with a bed full of wood, dirt, and rock were a common weekend excursion. Searching for a viable candidate, we found the Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit to be the perfect choice. Once our new cover arrived, we easily installed it in our tech center in Irvine, California.
- Protects valuables placed in the bed
- No drilling
- A little on the pricey side
1. The kit arrived and had everything that was needed to complete the install: rolling ton
2. Per the instructions, the tonneau cover box was supported in the bed by jackstands, so
3. The framerail covers simply clipped onto the box and slid into place.
4. After removing the backing from the included double strip tape, we made sure the guider
5. Next, the six clamps that were included in the kit were assembled and loosely tightened
6. Finally, after applying lube to the guiderails, and the clamps were tightened down, the
From The Driver Seat
After the install was complete, alignment was again verified and two of the included shims were used to properly align the two guiderails. With that checked, we closed the tailgate, pulled the tonneau cover closed and locked it. The owner is extremely satisfied with the cover. He is able to protect the baseball equipment in his bed while still being able to haul around gear and keep the wife happy. Happy wife, happy life.
|Your Questions Answered
|Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit:|
||Tools: Assorted standard sockets and wrenches, Phillips screwdriver