1.Street Scene now has Cal-Vu mirrors for '07 Chevrolet Silverados, Tahoes, and GMC Yukons and Sierras. These smooth, paintable, black ABS mirrors are designed to be a direct bolt-on replacement for your factory mirrors. For vehicles with manual factory mirrors, you can upgrade to Manual Sport Mirrors, or use the Street Smart mirror kits to add power mirrors, heated glass, and/or LED Signal Mirrors in any combination. Or, if your vehicle came with power mirrors, you can upgrade to Power Sport Mirrors, or add heated glass and/or LED Signal Mirrors and still retain your original power-mirror functions. Power mirrors and manual to power conversions plug directly into your factory wiring harness. For more information, contact Street Scene at (888) 477-0707, or visit www.streetsceneeq.com.
2. Weldcraft's new Triad tungsten grinder uses a diamond-coated grinding wheel to sharpen 0.040-, 1/16-, 5/64-, 3/32-, 1/8- and 5/32-inch-diameter electrodes to ensure reliable arc starting and good weld penetration. Each tungsten grinder also includes an electrode holder, to ease tungsten rotation and reduce the potential for flat spots, along with a machine holder that allows Triad to be bench-mounted for shop use. For more information, contact Weldcraft at (800) 752-7620, or visit www.weldcraft.com.
3. American Auto Accessories offers its new line of Mimax folding ramps, which were designed for motorcycles, ATVs, lawn tractors, and even pets. Lightweight and extra strong, the ramps have a weight capacity from 750-1,500 pounds. Four different styles are available: arch, bi-fold, tri-fold, and a pet ramp. For more information, call (310) 436-3600, or visit the site www.3aracing.com.
4. We love '64-'66 C10s, the only problem is that they're not making them anymore. Tuckers Classic Pickup Parts is making up for it, though; since it now carries the '64-'66 Chevrolet "custom" cab side plates. Molding pieces are made of aluminum with black painted grooves-just like the GM originals. If you need these pieces, or other classic-truck trim, call Tuckers Classic Pickup Parts at (800) 544-1955, or visit www.tuckersparts.com.
6. Slam Specialties now offers the 3/8-inch manifold valve from AccuAir. The AccuAir valve combines precise control in a clean and compact unit. With dimensions of 3 inches wide, 5 inches long, and 3 inches tall, it's small enough to hide almost anywhere. It's also the first manifold valve for the automotive aftermarket with press fit DOT fittings, which means there's no chance for leaks. Wiring this valve is also simple with its supplied weatherproof connector. For more information, contact Slam Specialties at (888) 352-5225, or visit the site www.slamspecialties.com.
5. Design Engineering, Inc. (DEI), has re-engineered the already popular Protect-A-Boots designed to fit straight and most angled spark-plug boots, providing superior protection against direct continuous heat. Made from a high-temperature resistant fiberglass composite material and double wall construction, Protect-A-Boots are designed to prevent burning, hardening, and cracking that would otherwise lead to engine arching, misfire, and potential ignition system failure. DEI Protect-A-Boots are chemically enhanced with a proprietary coating on both the outside and inside of the boot cover to withstand direct temperatures up to 1,200F. Boots are available in two- and eight-cylinder kits, in silver, black, red, and blue. For more information on Design Engineering's heat-protection products, call (800) 264-9472, or visit www.designengineering.com.