The Show Lowdown
Name: Scrapin the Smokies
Location: WNC Ag Center in Asheville, NC
Dates: June 12-13, 2010
Total Vehicles in Attendance: 250
Spectator Attendance: 2250
- 4th Event put on by Brandon and Christine Burrell with the help of family and friends
- Back after taking a year off
- Huge raffle prizes including $2500 towards a Lost Cause Paint job, Full air suspension thanks to Slam Specialties, Air Zenith, Stylin Solutions and Suicide Doors. Stereo equipment, Billet switch box, notch less tie rods from Get Bored Designs, etc, etc.
- Tons of free give-a-ways including vendor swag, car wash kits, and auto accessories
- Vehicles from as far as Michigan, Kansas, Alabama, Puerto Rico and more.
- 13 Custom best of awards made by Brandon from The Drag Shop and David from David's Impalas.
- All Pepsi vendor proceeds and the 50/50 raffle money went to help the Erwin Middle School Cheerleaders. The winner of the 50/50 raffle opted out of his winnings in exchange for 2 free registrations to the 2011 event just to help out the kids. Thanks Ronnie!
- Bikini Contest with cash payout sponsored by Precision Rides (www.precisionrides.com)
- Kids Coloring contest sponsored by Inked Baby Clothing where the 4 winners took home Inked Baby apparel
- Hooters Hot Wing eating contest where the top 2 winners got gift certificates for free wings at Hooters. The wings in the contest were hotter than they sell to the public.
Sponsors: Garner's Stereo Center, Top Gun Customz, Get Bored Designs, Burrell Images, Suicide Doors, Grant Kustoms, Slam Specialties, Midwest Mayhem, Metal Worx, Stylin Solutions, Auto Extremes, GB Customs, KEG Media, Lost Cause, C&C Chemical, Cycle Sportz, Hunter Body Shop, Farm Bureau-Agent Wesley Kilby, David's Impalas, Redline Performance, Tire Station, TruckShowCoverage.com, Dula's Automotive Alterations, Miller's Cycle, Hollywood Vampires, The Drag Shop, Hudson Rod & Customs, Air Zenith, Pepsi, Inked Baby, Hooters, Precision Rides, Kinetik Batteries
Vendors: Tommy Pike Customs, Bill Walker Tire, Auto Glass Fitters, Stylin Solutions, Drop Em Wear, Dula's Automotive Alterations, Tire Station, Miller's Cycle, Garners Stereo, GB Customs, Metal Worx, KIK, Get Bored Designs, Top Gun Customz, Graphic Hut, Cycle Sportz, Pepsi, Volt Energy Drink, Little Shop of Horrors, SPECKtacular Paint and Graphics, Cambered Video, Sikness Video
Contact for future Events: www.scrapinthesmokies.com or facebook.com/scrapinthesmokies
Next years Dates: June 11-12, 2011 at the same location