The all-new 2015 Ford F-150 has been revealed in Detroit today, touted as the toughest, smartest, and most capable F-150 ever. Highlights of America’s best-selling truck include a high-strength steel frame and an aluminum-alloy body that will shave up to 700 pounds off the total weight of the half ton. LED headlights and sideview mirror spotlights, 400-watt power outlets, integrated loading ramps, and many more class-exclusive features aim to set the F-Series apart from the competition. Four engines will be available: 2.7-liter EcoBoost with standard Auto Start-Stop, 3.5-liter V6 with twin independent variable camshaft timing, 3.5-liter EcoBoost, and 5.0-liter Ti-VCT V8.
Says Mark Fields, Ford Motor Company chief operating officer: “F-150 is well-known for being Built Ford Tough. Now, it is both tough and smart. The all-new F-150 redefines the future of trucks, and it is yet another example of our One Ford plan producing vehicles that serve customers with a commitment to the very best quality, fuel efficiency, safety, smart design and value.”
Eleven Class Exclusive Features
1. 360-degree camera view achieved through exterior cameras to help with maneuverability and navigation
2. Integrated loading ramps
3. Cargo box accessories (ramps, storage bins, bed dividers) secured through BoxLink, which is a combination of metal brackets and cleats ideal for cargo management
4. LED headlamps and taillamps
5. Rear view camera feature called trailer hitch assist, enabling solo drivers to line up truck and trailer unassisted
6. Smart trailer tow module that utilizes a “smart” trailer tow wiring harness that informs driver of trailer connectivity and lighting issues
7. Key-fob operated remote locking, releasing and damped tailgate
8. 400 watts, 110 volts high-wattage in-cab power outlets
9. LED spotlights on sideview mirrors for optimal exterior perimeter lighting
10. High output, lightweight design 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine
11. Fully integrated, next generation tailgate step
The 2015 F-150 will go on sale later this year, available in five primary trims: XL, XLT, Lariat, Platinum and King Ranch. The FX4 off-road package, with an electronic locking rear axle, skid plates, and tuned shocks, can be added to most of the four-wheel-drive models. Ford’s Dearborn Truck Plant (Dearborn, MI.) and the Kansas City Assembly Plant (Claycomo, MO.) will manufacturer the F-150.
Check out the video of the all new 2015 Ford F-150!